One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Director of Roanoke Program
Big Brothers Big Sisters provides one to one mentoring services to youth facing adversity. The Director of Roanoke Program plays a key role in helping the organization succeed. We have a full time position available for an individual who seeks employment with a dynamic agency. The ideal candidate will have nonprofit experience including grant reporting, staff management and program management skills. Brief position description listed below; salary is in the $40s.
As Director of Programs in the Roanoke office you’ll perform a wide range of duties, including accountability for program performance, monitors operational effectiveness using work flow and tracking systems and gathers accurate information for reports. The Director must track performance of team members, develop measures to ensure growth and meets annual agency program goals.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (no exceptions), Master’s Degree preferred in the field of Human Service, Social Work or Counseling.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing professional staff in the human service field.
- Experience in youth development field a plus.
- Intermediate-level proficiency with technology
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, team environment
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to take initiative, follow-through on requests until completion, and utilize a keen attention to detail
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation
Cover Letter and Resume can be sent to email@example.com.